FOMO A.K.A Fear of Missing Out

In one of my college courses, we were instructed to not use social media for five days. This is my log of the results of this "break."
Thursday
It’s the first day and I am already noticing the difference. Since I have P.T.S.D. and use youtube as a way to calm myself down when I get flashbacks or need to get my mind together, I will give myself a pass with using it for medical reasons. I am getting messages and notifications from all over. I am worried because I might miss a photoshoot opportunity because of this assignment. But, there is always next weekend I suppose.
In summary, not as hard as I thought so far. I give today an A.
Friday
Today is much harder. My phone is essentially blowing up. I wonder who specifically is the cause of my phone acting this way. I haven’t broken the rules so far so that’s good at least. Today is very uneventful.
In summary, not much change from yesterday. I give today an A.
Saturday
These five days just seem to get longer and longer. I am eagerly awaiting Tuesday so I can piece back together my social media life.
In summary, no change still. I give today an A.
Sunday
Still getting a ton of notifications on all of my social media. I seem to have worried the masses since my upload schedule was severely disrupted. I hope that the photoshoot wasn’t as important as I believe it to be. The people I text the most are finding this assignment to be an annoyance. I did text unnecessarily today to others.
In summary, I am contemplating heavily the “consequences” of this assignment on my social life online. I did text people unnecessarily so I give today a B.
Monday
I am spending time with family and friends today. My fans and followers on my social media must think I am dead by now. I definitely missed a photoshoot opportunity this weekend which makes me somewhat sad. I did need to text people so there’s that. I wonder what I’m going to find when I go back online fully.
In summary, this assignment has made me much sadder and more stressed then I would have been otherwise. I did text somewhat unnecessarily so I give today a B.
Reflection
Overall, I could come up with a lot more details about what else went on that involves my social media during that weekend, but it is more so personal. This “break” hasn’t really lead to any epiphanies other than that I need to never go on a social media “break” again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twinfools

fuyuzorakun