fuyuzorakun

Instagram: @fuyuzorakun

A fantastic Russian cosplayer. I am proud to present this interview to you all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you define cosplay as?
As for me cosplay is a way to express myself to learn how I can see a wonder in usual. It helps me to find new sides of my personality and etc.


First experience with cosplay?
4 years ago, Jack Frost

Why do you cosplay?
My friends invited me to an anime festival where I realized that I wanted to be a cosplayer too

What problems do you notice in the community?
Among cosplayer and fans of anime cultures most people are more open-minded so it's easier to start communication and get on... Also, when the situation with "usual" people is different

How long have you been cosplaying?
4/5 years

What kind of cosplayer do you consider yourself?
I'm a team cosplayer. I like common projects where a lot of people take part

Cosplay or crossplay? Both?
Both? I don't care, I will always do the things I like

Do you see yourself cosplaying in 10 years?
Yep

If someone told you they hated your cosplay, what would you do?
I would go on doing what I really like.

If someone told you they loved your cosplay, what would you do?
I would be happier and my motivation would increase to create something new

Homemade cosplay or bought/commissioned cosplay?
It depends on how difficult the costume is

There is a lot of debate if westerns/Asians should cosplay, your thoughts?
Both should. I have never heard of this, in Russia we don't have such debates

Do you prefer to work alone or with others?
Others, I like team work

Do you have a current cosplay fave?
Noooo

What is your most expensive cosplay?
Yes, I have several costumes which are in progress because I don't have much time because of work and studying. The cost of the most expensive costume was 15,000 rubles. It is actually very expensive. 30,000 rubles is considered to be a good salary in my city.



What is your least expensive cosplay?
The least expensive one is Shizuo from Durara because it consist of my daily clothes hahaha



What is your favorite cosplay?
My favorite cosplay is original mermaid. I still don't post most of the pictures because I have to edit them. But still, the pictures are really awesome.


If you could cosplay anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I don't mind the places of cosplays because I like cosplay in general. It doesn't depend on any place

Where was your first convention?
Chibifest

Where was your last convention?
AsiaBreeze

What is your favorite part of putting on your cosplay?
I like performances which open with the plot of characters and the character

What is your least favorite part?
Sewing =_=

Videos or photography?
I like videos and photography

Photoshopped or unshopped images?
I actually do both. Photoshop is a nice way to make a picture more awesome

For costuming, there is also a huge debate about who and what can cosplay. Your thoughts?
I think that people should choose characters which are similar to their appearance.

Do you have cosplays that are sometimes painful or uncomfortable? Are you willing to bleed for your art? If so, how much?
I prefer comfortable cosplays. But still... I would readily wear it as long as possible because cosplayers are strong people.

How far into the character are you willing to go while in cosplay? At the end of the day are you "YOU" or are you your "CHARACTER"?
Usually all day of the festival I am absolutely into the character and after... I save a bit of the characters goals in me. They are just a part of me. I am still myself but the outlook and attitude are bigger.

Wigs or no wigs? Do you prefer to style your wigs, commission a style or buy them pre styled?
I like doing everything myself even wigs. From the beginning to the very end. I am now creating wigs by the way.

How do you save money for your cosplay?
I work a lot to afford new costumes

Where do you find yourself cosplaying? Is it something you stick with for conventions and events only?
Well since I had started cosplaying the world has changed.... Like the ways of cosplaying and globalization makes no sense when they are developing so fast. That's why I am working on my personal conception of how to get successful.


Where do you go most often for photoshoots? Do you do photoshoots?
I like photoshoots near lakes and forest but since the weather is not nice here, studios help to create what I want, to make it real.

Describe yourself with a meme?
I am a meme. I have my personal memes so I can't even associate myself with one because I don't need it.

One question you have for me?
Where is your blog? How can I find it?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Twinfools

Gabathegeek

Adonis_cosplay